NATIONAL SUN YAT-SEN UNIVERSITY
Regulations for Establishment of Multidisciplinary and Data Science Research Center
Approved by the 1st College General Meeting on December 10, 2009, School Year 98.
Approved by the Center Review Meeting on December 22, 2008, and authorized by the president on January 5, 2010.
Amended and approved by the 2nd College General Meeting on May 20, 2015, School Year 103.
Approved and authorized by the president on May 26, 2015.
- This set of regulations is specifically issued in accordance with “National Sun Yat-sen University Regulations for Review of Research Center Establishment and Abolition.”
- The unit is named "Multidisciplinary and Data Science Research Center (hereinafter referred to as the Center), is a class I research center within the university organizational structure.
- The Center is established for the purpose of novel multidisciplinary scientific research and technical development, integration and support for learning, research of the College of Science, improvement of multidisciplinary cooperation to pursue academic excellence, and support researches within or outside the university.
- One center chairman is appointed for processing affairs of the Center. One full-time professor or researcher of the university shall recommended by the dean of the College of Science to serve as the chairman following approval of the president. The term of service is the same as the dean of the college.
- The center may establish groups when necessary. The leaders of each group shall be recommended by the center chairman and shall be staff with positions of assistant professors/assistant researchers or above of relevant fields within or outside the university. Group leaders shall be appointed following approvals of the dean of the college and the president.
- The Center shall self-evaluate and be evaluated by the university every year in references to relevant regulations for assessment items and approaches.
- The present regulations shall be implemented following approvals of college general meetings and the authorization of the president. The same procedure shall be carried out when amendments are to be made.